Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eco Friendly Photos

"ooo", "aahhhh", "Oh my gosh, look how big they are!" It's that season when we're about to be bombarded with an array of photos from everyone from our relatives to the co-worker we just met once in a sales meeting. What to do with all those photos once we've oohed and ahhed? Nothing my friend. Unfortunately photo paper cannot be recycled and must be relocated to the trash bin. Curses! Our family hadn't sent photos out it years and though I wanted to keep the friends and family up to date with our ever growing kids, I did not want to add to the Earth's environmental demise.

Alas an option. My solution? I printed small snapshot sized photos on our printer. Six printed on each sheet so for the 80 some odd cards we've sent so far, that's only 14 sheets of paper. They're color photos so obviously ink was used but because the photos are smaller in size (3x4) they didn't require a lot. The photos are still large enough for even Granny to see who we are.

Best of all, they are completely recyclable! This, combined with eco-friendly cards and we're sending green holiday wishes from coast to coast.

No comments: