Friday, October 22, 2010

Eco Friendly Products

Replacing some kitchen items so I head to Home Goods. What's this? A can opener made of 70% plant material and 30% traditional plastic. Cool! Lifetime Brands, Inc calls this Nexplast. Same cost as the other can openers with a lifetime warranty. I notice it says "hand wash only". Could be why I go through these things so often; I put them in the dishwasher... Note to self: "not very green if you have to replace an item that should last a lifetime b/c you don't take care of it properly". How does it perform? I bring it home and it works just as well as any other hand can opener.
2.24.11
4 months later we had to say good-bye to Mr. Can Opener. Sorry, not a very green product if I'm out buying a new one in 4 months. Lessen learned; sometimes things are better made the first time around.

No comments: