Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kids and Sugar

So by now our kids have been on a sugar high for almost a week since Halloween. Could be longer if you include the pre-Halloween festivities and "sampling" of candy days beforehand. Yes, The Everyday Organic lets her kids go trick or treat and yes, they eat candy. HOWEVER, we have our limits and nothing prides me more than hearing my kids say after one or two bite-sized pieces, "I've had enough". Instead of just throwing it out and considering all that trudging up and down hills for not, we save it for a nobler purpose. I stash it away for a few weeks and over the Thanksgiving holiday, we make candy houses with graham crackers and frosting. The Halloween candies make great decorations for the houses and there's a greater variety of color, size and texture than there would be if I had to go out and buy candy for the houses. I have some great tricks to share with you so stayed tuned. In the meantime, stash that candy away where no one can find it.

No comments: