Saturday, September 5, 2009

Closet Recycler Comes Out

About a year and a half ago I was talking to my neighbor about all things green and she pooh poohed it all. "I don't go for all that green and organic stuff", she said.

Your first thought maybe to suspect she wasn't willing to put in the "extra effort" to recycle. Not an excuse this one could use. I have on occasion found Katey on her back patio making yarn from fibers on her spinning wheel. Yes, spinning wheel as in the Sleeping Beauty kind.

That alone is back to nature more than most of us can boast. Talk about a zero carbon foot print... Anyway, she wasn't convinced, at least not yet.

So the other day she comes over asking to use the fax machine. As I'm helping her figure out which way to load the paper, I notice it's printed on both sides. She comments, "oh excuse the two sides, I used recycled paper." You what? What was that?

"Ya well paper's expensive..." Yes it is. Everyone has their price and Katey's is a $2.50 ream of paper. Not bad. What's yours?

No comments: