Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tree Skirt

Martha Stewart I am not, but I can sew a straight line...or semi-straight. Fortunately that's all I needed for this project. A friend in the interior design industry had a bunch of old upholstery fabric samples she was getting rid of. They were gorgeous but small.

What to do with them??? Then it hit me! We'd been using an old bed sheet as a tree skirt all these years.

I started sewing these pieces together until I had a long strip, enough to go around the tree. How long is that? When it's getting irritating to manage around the sewing machine. Then after making three of these long sections, I sewed those together. Remember, put them face to face while sewing. I forgot the first time and had to undo all my stitching and start over-NOT fun. Finally, with some encouragement from Katey next door it was done and ready to adorn the bottom of our tree.

An Advanced Easy Go Green

No comments: