Monday, December 27, 2010

Favorite Gifts


Let me take a moment to share with you some of my favorite organic or eco-friendly gifts I received this season. I'll start from the back of the photo and work to the left.

Even Santa knows you can never go wrong with chocolate and I must have been especially good this year to find this chocolate bar in my stocking. Since 1993, Endangered Species Chocolate has been committed to creating premium, all-natural, ethically traded, naturally shade grown chocolate products. All beans used in its products are purchased from family-owned properties where the income benefits the community. If that's not enough of a commitment, 10% of their net profits are donated to fund species and habitat conservation efforts.

Next, Açaí Damage-Minimizing foaming cleanser promises to help clear my skin of impurities and protect it against the visible effects of skin damage. Kiehl's products are Certified Organic, as well as, Paraben & Sulfate Free. After a week of below freezing temps, I can't wait to nourish my thirsty skin. Thanks Mom :).

Who knew in the blazing heat of summer, my girlfriend was working on her Christmas gifts. Seems like an unfair advantage...until that is you are the recipient of homemade Pepper Jelly straight from Foretich Organics. Sorry, for now, it's private stock only. Rest assured though when the garden's big enough for sales, you'll be the first to know.

Forged out of recycled metal in the Blue Ridge Mountains, you don't realize you need a Wick Dipper Stick until you've burned your finger or wasted yet another candle b/c the wax dried over the bent wick. This just might be one of those gifts I will quickly realize I can't live without.

Clean eating on the go: Oskri Organic Coconut bars are like eating dessert any time of the day. The ingredients are clean and simple providing you with energy without the yucky ingredients or the lull after a typical sugar high. Your challenge will be choosing with one to try first.

All I need now is a destination. My EO travel kit will keep me airline compliant, smelling good, and looking good. Regardless of where my travels take me, I'll be using my EO Products with a clear conscious.

Under all these gifts you'll notice, in my opinion, the most environmentally friendly wrapping paper you'll ever purchase. Why? Because you can guarantee without a doubt, this paper has a 100% chance of being re-used!!! My Mom and John buy sheets of dollar bills from The US Mint and use them for wrapping paper. Yes, you pay a bit more for it but it's fun and completely re-useable. Everyone offers to recycle this paper!

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: