Monday, December 8, 2008

Eco-Friendly gift wrap II

Well my daughter and I had a great time at the eco-friendly gift wrap party hosted by my friend Julie at Whole Foods. Most of the class was spent making origami boxes which turned out beautifully-thanks for all the gorgeous paper Julie! I must admit though as a busy working mom, I didn't find this a practical solution for my holiday gift wrap dilemma. Sydney, however, was back at it the very next morning making boxes for her friends. Maybe I could hire her... I did walk away with some other practical and green ideas for gift wrap. Here you go:
-Use shredded paper for packing
-A scarf tied around a box makes an additional present and "gift wrap"
-An old book can be used as a box for a small gift by cutting out a box shaped section within the pages. You'll have to cut down through many pages to make the hole deep enough for your gift but with the proper tools this shouldn't take too long or be dangerous (kids, leave this one for Mom or Dad).

I'll have some of my own ideas online for you as well. Happy wrapping.

No comments: