Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fabulous Coleslaw

Well, the stuffed cabbage leaves didn't turn out so well. I guess I didn't boil the cabbage leaves long enough before I stuffed them. Even after being in the oven 30 minutes, they were still a bit tough. However, I used the other half of the cabbage and made coleslaw and it was FABULOUS! The whole family loved it. Here's the recipe:
COLESLAW
2 C Cabbage (cut thin and then rough chopped after that to make it easier to eat)
1 Carrot (I shredded it with a vegetable peeler and then rough chopped the strips)
1/4 diced Vidalia Onion
The Dressing:
1/2 C mayonnaise (in the South, we love Duke's)
1 TB White wine vinegar (you can use plain white vinegar or rice vinegar instead)
2 tsp evaporated cane juice (or sugar)
1/2 tsp celery seed

Toss the veggies together, mix the dressing and then toss the veggies with the dressing. FABULOUS! It tasted great as soon as I made it and the next day so this is a great make ahead recipe. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved the coleslaw you made when I saw you last. I will be making this for my family, for sure. Thanks.