Thursday, June 18, 2009

Food Inc., the movie


Wanna know where your food comes from? I don't mean the freezer or the fridge or even which grocery store, I mean WHERE IT COMES FROM? The answer to that question can be "yes" and then again maybe "no".

We love our leather from Italy, our watches from Switzerland, fine china from England, and French milled soap. However, do we give much thought to what we're actually putting inside our bodies. Like it or not, more and more it's seems like a pretty good idea to have a "made in..." label on our food.

If you're really interested, check out the documentary, Food Inc. But be warned, you may want to plant a garden the next day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This movie is coming to Raleigh - this Saturday. I hope I get a chance to go see it! I viewed the trailer again and was soooo grossed out. Oh yeah, I just joined a community garden meet up group - everyone should join one!!! Garden with others - I bet there are comm gardens for rent in your area and for little money.