Sunday, August 17, 2008

Organic Spa

UNFORTUNATELY AS OF JANUARY 2009, RIVERSTONE SPA WILL BE CLOSING. I left this blog so you can read what a phenomenal visit I had with Tricia Schofield, Esthetician. As of January 26, 2009 you will be able to find her at Bliss Spa inside the W Hotel in Buckhead. I will see you soon Tricia!!


Back in June, my sisters gave me a spa gift certificate for my birthday. This wasn't for just any spa, this was for and ORGANIC SPA. I couldn't wait, but had to...at least until school got back in. I wanted this to be a totally relaxing kid free experience without any rush to get back. The first Friday of the school year. PERFECT. I had made my appointment and was ready to go!

I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled time and was greeted to a friendly spa manager, tranquil surroundings and peaceful music. AAAHHHH, I could already feel the stress evaporating. I was offered tea or water and asked to fill out a brief bio. Within minutes I was back in the dressing room, being given a locker for my clothes and a robe to wear. Once the manager left, I wondered to myself, "I'm getting a facial,why do I need a robe?". Huh,I figured just go for the whole experience.

I walked out to a more intimate waiting area where I sat before a beautiful rock water fall. Within minutes Tricia arrived and introduced herself. She walked me down the hall to a room filled with soft music, pleasant aromas, and beautiful linens. I knew this was going to be delightful. The bed was even designed for fabulous back relief. I needed that.

My facial begins. And this was no ordinary facial. It was one hour solid of gentle cleansing, steaming, masks, and moisturizing with natural organic products. Lavender, Tea Tree Oil, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Rose, and even dehydrated vegetables. OH MY GOSH. It was FABULOUS! While one mask was on, Tricia massaged my shoulders, neck and my upper back. Ohhhh, so THAT'S why I needed to wear a robe. While another mask was doing its magic, she massaged my hands and arms with oil and put my hands in warm mitts. Fabulous!

Once my facial was complete, Tricia quietly left and gave me time to re-enter the conscious world. I was so relaxed I could barely talk but as I was checking out, I did learn Riverstone Spa is quite a rarity. It's believed to be the only full service spa and salon using organic products in the state of Georgia. And it's only 10 miles from my house. Lucky me! I cannot say enough about this facial. Oh, and if your cost conscious like me, it is WELL worth every dollar! I had debated between getting a facial or a massage but left feeling like I had both. Thanks Tricia!

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That spa sounds great! I would love to have a facial there!

Jennifer said...

I agree. It does sound great. Which facial did you get?