Saturday, August 23, 2008

What to do with leftovers?

Whenever we finish a jar of pasta sauce or honey, I run them through the dishwasher leaving them clean for either the recycling bin or re-use in the kitchen. When I make salad dressing (remember, if you make your own, you’re guaranteed no yuckies…), I store it in a small empty jar. The larger ones are great for storing soups either in the fridge or the freezer. When putting them in the freezer, remember to leave room at the top for expansion. Glass is a great storage option in the kitchen. You can easily see what you have without removing the lid, it washes easy and you don’t have to worry about it melting in the dishwasher or the microwave. Re-using glass containers. An Easy Go Green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the glass jar tip. That is a great idea. Also I loved hearing about your spa experience. I have a gift cert. to go there from last May. Now that the kids are back in school I will make