Friday, May 1, 2009

4,3,2,1 Green Juice Recipe

Okay, this one's strictly for your health. I tried to make the quantities easy to remember: 4,3,2,1,1/2...(the 3 really represents 1/3 but I still remember it)
4 Kale leaves-roughly chopped
1/3 bunch of parsley
2 Celery ribs-roughly chopped
1 apple-chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2C Filtered Water (may want to add 1/2c more depending on how think/thin you like it)
2tsp agave nectar (optional depending on sweetness of apple)

Use organic produce. I roughly chop everything before I add it to the blender canister. Then I pour the water over it all. Secure the lid. Select "Whole Juice" and let it complete the cycle. This works best in a larger blender canister. If you don't have a larger canister, no problem. Just divide the recipe. We store this in jars in the refrigerator to chill and enjoy within a day or two. Remember fresh juice must be consumed immediately to get the most nutritional benefit and to avoid spoiling. Bottoms up!

No comments: