Saturday, May 16, 2009

Solar S'mores

"We never do anything fun at school!" Oh how I hate those words. All is does is conjure up reminders of my own boredom at school and guilt because I'm not home schooling. Well thanks to her science teacher and a sunny day, I'm guilt free this weekend. My daughter's class made s'mores yesterday using solar ovens they made themselves. An old pizza box painted black on the outside to absorb heat and lined with aluminum foil on the inside to reflect sunlight was all they needed.

Within minutes the chocolate was melting and the marshmallows started softening. They topped them with another graham cracker and BAM!
S'mores...no bon fire required!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the subject matter! Creative and seasonal. Perfect picture. You go girl! Keep educating and inspiring. k.h.