Thursday, May 29, 2008

25 Minutes and Counting

The first thing to run through my mind this morning as I opened my eyes was, "It's Thursday, I can WATER THE PLANTS!" I practically fell out of bed, then threw my hair in a pony-tail and snuck out the door while the rest of the gang slumbered away. Somehow I managed to get flip-flops on.

AAAH I love that time of day. I took a deep breath of fresh morning air and then surveyed the job. According to my county's water restrictions, I had 25 minutes to water everything in sight. Yikes!

I started with the Leyland Cypress since they're the only privacy we have on one side-can't lose a single one of those babies. From there I moved to the Holly Bushes, Laurel, Clematis, Peach tree, Hostas, and oh ya...the flowers on the patio.

That was alot to get done in 25 minutes and have ya noticed they cut the water pressure? I saw an announcement online yesterday congratulating my county for 20% less water use. Ya, that's cuz you decreased the pressure 20%. Hey, I wonder if our water bills will be 20% less...let's not push it.

No comments: