Saturday, May 24, 2008

Step #4: Introduce 1-3 new foods per week

Making fewer changes at once will make it easier to stick with your new healthy lifestyle. It will also make it easier on the budget.

Where did I start? With the things we consumed the most of. At the time, it was milk and meat so I started there. Then moved to fruits and vegetables and then to snacks and condiments (still not perfect on those). As far as body products, well, that's a work in progress I'll tell you. Bit by bit we are getting there. The job market hasn't helped our healthy endeavors either but little by little we continue to make progress. Oh ya and green cleaners you make yourself are CHEAP and easy so nothing should stop you from that. I have a spray bottle with 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar. I use that for anything I would have used window cleaner for. Baking soda is what I use to scrub the sinks and toilets. Pour in some vinegar after to disinfect and you're good to go.

No comments: