Thursday, May 22, 2008

Against School Policy to Recycle

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? It's the end of the school year and I was in volunteering with all the last minute details. I heard a teacher say "I'm going to throw these out" as she holds up the largest three-ring binder I have ever seen FILLED with paper. I said, as I was chocking in shock, "Can I recycle those?". Ya, it was said: "I wish I could give these to you, but it's against school policy." I can't believe it. What ARE we teaching these kids? All I can think this does is create more wasteful Americans? And you know, if it's against school policy to give retired curriculum to a parent, fine, YOU recycle it. But no, it's much easier to throw it in the trash.

Well, that's ok though b/c next year, I'm ALL over it. They're either gonna love me or hate me. By the way, I have a meeting set up with the mayor of my city on Wednesday. One of the things I will be addressing is why we can't get .3 mile (yes, just 3 tenths of a mile) of sidewalk completed on my street so we can actually walk somewhere and leave our cars parked. Alright, enough griping. I'll save that energy to get things done!

No comments: