Monday, May 12, 2008

Where to Buy Meat

I started asking questions about the meat I was purchasing. Was you know where the ONLY place I could find organic meats? The more questions I asked, the more I was convinced...perhaps it was the only place. However, more and more mainline grocery stores are carrying organic meats. If you wonder about it, just ask one of the workers in the meat department. If they can't answer your question, that's not the place where you wanna be buying your meat. And honestly, the prices are about the same in all the stores I've seen so I buy it where I'm at. I do buy most of it at Whole Foods though b/c I know they have a high turn-over and that makes me feel the meat is fresher.

Fortunately there are many milk options out there even for those of you who drink non-dairy milks (almond, rice, soy). With soy-milk, look for those that are made with non- GMO soy beans. That means they were not genetically modified. That just sounds disgusting doesn't it? The companies that use non-GMO soy beans are proud of it and will make it clear on their packaging. Again though, read the ingredients here too. Many milks have sugar in them to make them taste good. All I'm saying is, just know what your eating & drinking. Hormone and antibiotic free cow's milk and chicken eggs are readily available also. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: